Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Gnarly Head


Name: Gnarly Head Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $8
Winery Review: http://gnarlyhead.com/our-wines/pinot-noir/?age-verified=6dec0536c9
My Review: Cool looking label, even better looking pricetag. Had a hard time identifying the nose on this wine which could be because this was after I had been eating and drinking all night. This wine has the same color (deep purple with a candy lipgloss on) and mouthfeel (light with refined tannins) that i find most California Pinot Noir's have. My palette loved the balance of berry and warm spice. Reminded me of fall in the northeast because everything has a pumpkin/nutmeg/cinnamon spice. This might have been because I was feeling a hotness but I thought this wine was balanced a pleasantry all around. Want this wine with pork. Pork in any form.