Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27

Garnacha de Fuego Old Vine Grenache

Name: Garnacha de Fuego Old Vine Grenache
VarietyGrenache
Region: Aragon, Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9
Critic ReviewLink
My Review: This Grenache has a very inky color and mouthfeel. Again, it may be my allergies at fault but the nose on this wine only expressed mineral and "wet metal" notes. It's flavor was more complex with blackberry and "Saratoga Water" notes. Saratoga, NY, is where I grew up. Mineral water from local springs spews from fountains in parks. Crazy people line up and drink this stuff that I have always known as egg-water. However, it was nicely integrated into this wine with the dark fruits. 




P.S. I forgot about in-the-glass photos for the remainder of this tasting, our conversation took the place of my phone in my hand.