Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Charles and Charles



Name: Charles and Charles Post No. 35 
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon/ Syrah blend
Region: Columbia Valley/ Washington 
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $14
Critic Review: http://www.greatnorthwestwine.com/2014/02/14/charles-charles-2012-post-35-cabernet-sauvignon-syrah-columbia-valley-14/
My Review: Columbia Valley is a new region for me and I'm loving it so far. I've got nothing but respect for these Charles' collaboration on this wine. It's a light bodied, bold flavor and kickass wine. Some old-schoolers don't like it because of it's mouthfeel (ahem, Dad..) but that's precisely why I like it. I still experienced the black currant and spicy flavors these grapes boast but my tongue wasnt burning from tannins or an overcharged alcohol level afterward. I had this wine with some braised pork belly and they paired nicely. I want to see what a sweet cheese and fruit pairing would contribute to this flavor palette. 

Bonus picture of my dad showing me this cork trick.