Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Charles Smith


Name: Charles Smith Kung Fu Girl
Variety: Riesling
Region: Columbia Valley/ Washington
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $11
Winery Review: http://www.charlessmithwines.com/charles-smith-wines/wines/past/kung-fu-girl-riesling2
My Review: This wine smells like the nectarine you ate too soon in season. A fruity smell, but one with a kick. My first taste revealed those nectarine flavors, while my second.. third.. and many to follow kept peeling the layers back. This is one of the first wines I would call complex. From nectarine and endive, to spring water this wine covers a wide flavor profile. Very interesting, did not have this with food but could see it pairing well with korean barbeque or anything drenched in curry.

PS: This is one of the Charles' from the Charles and Charles collaboration wine I critiqued earlier. Nice, will be looking for more from these guys and Columbia Valley