Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Sledgehmmer


Name: Sledgehammer Forged Red Blend
Variety: Petite Sirah driven blend
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $10
Critic Review: http://treasurytru.com/wine/sledgehammer-forged-red-2011?detect_width=1366&detect_height=768
My Review: The brand has a no-nonsense attitude towards drinking and markets towards men. I didn't know what kind of blend this even was so I tried to pay attention to the nose. I couldn't put my finger on it, I haven't smelled anything like this before. All I can say is that this is exactly the type of wine they are drinking in Game of Thrones. Taste time. Okay, holy cow, so much berry flavor I feel like making up names like snozzberry and appleberry. I like this! Why are they marketing to men? This is a very different flavor and attitude from the wines next to it on the shelf. Good stuff. Also had this with eggplant lasagna (lots of leftovers) and I didn't like this pairing as much as the Fantini. I would rather have this wine with salad.