Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Joseph Carr


This dude supplied the wine, and attended, my parents
wedding back in the day. I know this because my father
reminds me every time we drink a bottle. Every. Time.
Love you Dad.

Name: Joseph Carr
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon driven blend
Region: Napa Valley/ California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $18
Winery Review: http://www.wine.com/v6/Joseph-Carr-Cabernet-Sauvignon-2011/wine/123264/detail.aspx?state=VA
My Review: Okay the oak monster nose on this deep red wine scared me a little bit. I'm not a big fan of the taste the oak monster brings to bold reds. However, this wine's dryness balanced everything out and allows for the lingering spice and cigar flavors to come through at the end. The front-palate displays pomegranate, cherry and blackberry. Had this before food but the lingering smokiness went well with sweet peppers and onions.