Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16

Tasting - Snoqualmie Vineyards


Name: Snoqualmie Vineyards Winemaker's Select Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Columbia Valley/ Washington
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $8
Critic Review: http://www.wespeakwine.com/products/Snoqualmie-Riesling-Winemaker's-Select-Columbia-Valley-2012-750ML.html
Winemaker's Remarks: “Aromas of spicy pear and dried apricots give way luscious fruit and honey notes on the palate with a crisp and clean finish” – Joy Andersen
My Review: Smells sweet, is sweet. Caught some familiar nectarine and tropical fruit on the nose, then dove right in. WAY to sweet for the pizza I had. I don't even know if I enjoy the sweetness here. It does have a strong finish that leaves a fresh flavor in your mouth, but is just not my type of wine. I prefer more dryness and this reminded me of syrup.