Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4

Tasting - Ca Momi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

NameCa Momi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $19.95 (Regular: $35.00)
Winery ReviewLink "This wonderfully ripe wine has lots of layers, providing depth and a nice dense color. This cabernet is softly complex, rich in cassis, cherry, spice, chocolate, and oak flavors anchored with warm, earthy tannins— balanced nicely with sweet vanilla and chocolate toasted oak. This is the maestro of wines: a rich palate, a complex nose with lots of layers, great depth and a deeply rich hue. Salute."

My Review: I was having trouble with smelling this wine because my pour was so small, but I noticed some oaky and bittersweet chocolate scents. This wine felt creamy and thick, and directed the largest blow at the back of my tongue with tobacco and oaky flavors. I did not notice the fruits like many reviews suggest, but the bottle was probably old and open for quite a long time.