Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4

Tasting - Parra Jimenez Tempranillo

Name: Parra Jimenez Tempranillo
Variety: Organic Tempranillo 100%
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price$7.95 (Regular: $15.00)
Winery ReviewLink "A garnet wine. On the nose it shows the true Tempranillo notes of raspberry and strawberry going to scents of black plum. It fills the mouth with strawberries, strawberry compote and prune butter with a touch of cocoa."

My Review: This wine's aroma was fruity, and fresher than other tempranillo's I have tried. On the mid-palete there were touches of smokiness and spice. It's finish was very simple and reminded me of Malbec;s I have had because it was silky and easy to drink. I believe this wine would compliment the "BBQ sides" like corn, potato salad and hot dog's the most.